Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Is teaching for me.

Ever since I was eight I always wanted to be a teacher. Any chance I could I would play school with my siblings or cousins. I loved making lessons, getting school supplies, grading papers, setting up my "classroom" and everything I could think of that a teacher does. Now that I had the opportunity to do my service learning I now know I for sure want to be a teacher. I have a one year old son so trying to find someone to watch him to get it done was hard. My husband took a day off work to be able to allow me to get most of the hours done in one day. When it was my last day I tried to think of ways I could still go and do more hours. I absolutely loved going when I was able to. 

Being a teacher is the path I want to continue to go on. I loved every second of being in the classroom and helping the teacher with anything she needed me to do. She let me help in so many ways that I truly got a feel for what it would be like. 

Service Learning helped solidify my decision to become a teacher. It made me 100% know that being a teacher is what I want to do in a career. It made me hope that I can get my degree done soon so I can start. In the mean time I can apply what I learn in teaching my son. 

My next steps are to finish as fast as I can. I still have quite a few classes to get into the teaching program and that might take me a couple extra semesters with having a one year old and moving every summer for my husbands job so I can't take summer classes. By the time I can apply for the program we wont be moving, and my son will be able to have someone to watch him full time to do all my classes and when I graduate he will most likely be in kindergarten or first grade. Those are my plans at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment